Christmas Party DO’s & DON’Ts
Christmas is round the corner and everyone is planning to have a Christmas party. But planning a Christmas party can be troublesome if certain do’s and don’ts are not followed. Christmas is all about enjoying and having fun with colleagues and co-workers. But in the fun of enjoying Christmas parties certain things should not be forgotten.
Guests often forget parties are an extension of the work environment and as such some basic guidelines should be followed if you want to make the right impression.
- Pace yourself. You will have a long night ahead to drink and enjoy.
- If you do decide to enjoy a beverage or two – plan ahead and arrange for transportation home.
- Don’t try it on with one of your work colleagues. Remember, you will have to see them back at work again.
- Don’t be the first to arrive or the last to leave.
- Don’t talk office politics. Avoid gossiping about other work colleagues or worst, the boss!
- Beware the inappropriate joke.
- Dress appropriately. Remember this a work Christmas party, not a “gone clubbin” night!
- Thank the person who has planned and invited you to the Christmas party. After all, they organized this party as a thank you for all your hard work over the past year. The least you can do is acknowledge and express your gratitude.